You all asked for it, so here it is. Read it below or Download PDF.
Salted Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Recipe by: Jason Seaux
- Place racks in lower and upper thirds of oven; preheat to 350°.
- Combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites to a firm meringue.
- Fold powdered ingredients into the meringue, ¼ cup at a time, until half the powdered ingredients have been added.
- Add whole egg and stir to combine.
- Add remaining powdered ingredients ¼ cup at a time.
- Add dark chocolate chips and the optional cacao nibs.
- When the batter starts to come together continue by kneading the mixture in the bowl until all ingredients are fully integrated and there is little to no powdered ingredients remaining.
- Remove from mixing bowl to a cool surface dusted with powdered sugar and form the mass into a log shape about 1 ¾” thick. Slice into medallions ½” thick. Place the medallions standing on edge onto parchment lined baking sheets 2” apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets once, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and set just around the edges, about 14–16 minutes.
- Transfer baking sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool on pan (they’ll firm up), or place baking sheet directly from oven in the freezer for 3 to 5 minutes to chill the exteriors of the cookies for immediate service and a delicious gooey chocolate filled center.
DO AHEAD: Cookies can be baked 3 days ahead and stored airtight at room temperature.